- Excellent background resources
- Answer general questions about your topic
- Tutorial on how to find print and ebooks in the library's catalog, main search page, and ebook collections.
Browse print books
- Find shelves on 3rd floor with call number ranges below.
- Books within these call number ranges are by subject, so you can find other related books.
|Keyword||Call # range|
|buddhism||BQ1 - BQ9800|
|taoism confucianism||BL1790 - BL1975|
|japanese language||PL501 - PL699|
|chinese language||PL1001 - PL1960|
|martial arts||GV1100 - GV1150.9|
Selected ebook titles
- Friday, Karl F., Legacies of the Sword: The Kashima-Shinryu and Samurai Martial Culture, 1997.
- Frank, Adam, Taijiquan and the Search for the Little Old Chinese Man : UnderstandingIdentity through Martial Arts, 2006.
- Prebish, Charles S. (Editor), Westward Dharma: Buddhism Beyond Asia, 2002.
- Gethin, Rupert, The Foundations of Buddhism, 1998.
- Muller, A. Charles, The Sutra of Perfect Enlightenment: Korean Buddhism's Guide to Meditation; With Commentary By the Son Monk Kihwa, 1999.
- Csikszentmihalyi, Mark.; Ivanhoe, P. J., Religious and Philosophical Aspects of the Laozi, 1999.
- Slote, Walter H.; De Vos, George A., Confucianism and the Family, 1998.
- Are Foreground resources
- Answer detailed questions
- Tutorial on how to find articles using the library's main search page and individual subject databases.
- How to find specific print and ejournals.
Martial Arts Databases
|oaFindr||Accounting, Acupuncture, Agriculture, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Botanical Medicine, Business, Business English, Chinese Medicine, Chiropractic, Communication, Computer Science, Counseling, Creative Writing, Criminal Justice, Dental Hygiene, Design Management, East Asia, Education, Engineering, Environment, Exercise, Fashion, Global Development, Graphic Design, Health Sciences, History, Human Resources, Human Services, Humanities, Industrial Design, Industrial Relations, Interior Design, International Business, International Studies, Knowledge Management, Law, Literature, Management, Marketing, Martial Arts, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Laboratory Science, Music, Naturopathic Medicine, Nursing, Nutrition, Pharmacy, Philosophy, Physician Assistant, Political Science, Psychology, Public Affairs, Science, Social Issues, Sociology, Technology, Technology Management, World Religions|
|Scopus||Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Botanical Medicine, Counseling, History, Human Services, Martial Arts, Mathematics, Music, Pharmacy, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Social Issues, Sociology, World Religions||Video Tutorial|
|JSTOR||Accounting, Biology, Communication, Counseling, Creative Writing, Design Management, East Asia, Education, ESL, Fashion, Global Development, Graphic Design, History, Human Services, Industrial Design, Interior Design, Literature, Martial Arts, Mathematics, Medical Laboratory Science, Music, Nursing, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, World Religions||Video Tutorial|
|Alt HealthWatch||Acupuncture, Botanical Medicine, Chinese Medicine, Chiropractic, Exercise, Martial Arts, Naturopathic Medicine, Nutrition, Pharmacy||Video Tutorial|
|Academic Search Premier*||Audio Visual, Biology, Business, Counseling, Creative Writing, Criminal Justice, Design Management, East Asia, Education, ESL, Fashion, Global Development, Graphic Design, History, Human Services, Industrial Design, Interior Design, International Studies, Literature, Martial Arts, Mathematics, Medical Laboratory Science, Music, Nursing, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Social Issues, Sociology, World Religions||Video Tutorial||Name||Categories||Video Tutorial|
Selected ejournal titles
- Ars Disputandi: the Online Journal for Philosophy of Religion – 2001-present
- Contemporary Buddhism – 2003-present (current year not available)
- International Journal for Philosophy of Religion – 2003-present (current year not available)
- Journal of Global Buddhism – 2000-present
- Studies in Central and East Asian religions – 1999-present
- Western Buddhist Review – 1994- present
Selected print journal titles
- Journal of Asian Martial Arts
- Asian Thought & Society
- Tutorial on how to find films, CDs, and other audio and visual resources in the library's catalog and online resources.
Selected Biology Videos/DVDs
- Secret of Tai Chi. Tai Seng. Video marketing. 2001.
- Beginner Taekwondo. Kim, S. Turtle Press Video. 2003.
- Matsubayashi Shorin Ryu Karate. Nagamine, S., Nagamine, T. Dragon Associates. 2002.
The parent organization for the development and expansion of Aikido throughout the world.
A not-for-profit non-sectarian organization affiliated with the Buddha Dharma Education Association Inc., which has evolved into an online Buddhist Information and Education Service.
Ki Society HQ
The Ki Society's Official homepage, where unified mind and body health is promoted via Ki principles.
Martial Arts of Japan:
This website is a Classical Martial Arts resource, sponsored by Koryu Books. This site provides background information on Kyoryu Bujutsu, as well as resources on training, Ryuha list, reading list, book reviews and links to articles.
The Fung Loy Kok Institute of Taoism
Fumg Loy Kok observes the unified teachings of the three religions of Confucianism, Buddhism and Taoism, including arts of movement such as Tai Chi, Lok Hup Ba Fa, Tai Chi Sword and Tai Chi Sabre, community service, Taoist meditation, and Taoist chanting and ceremonies.
The Buddhist Center
An international, non-sectarian network dedicated to the teachings of Sangharaskita, related readings and resources for Buddhism and meditation.
This website provides national Taekwondo resources, updates of events, athlete information, community message boards and blogs, photos, video and news features.
This website provides information and resources on Buddhist meditation, including community blogs, meditation guides, links to items that can added to a meditation environment. The site is maintained by Bodhipaksa, and is updated regularly.
World Taekwondo Federation
The World Taekwondo Federation is the International Federation [IF] governing the sport of Taekwondo and is a member of the Association of Summer Olympic International Federations [ASOIF]. This website provides updated information on world Taekwondo events, vendors, rules, news and resources.