- Excellent background resources
- Answer general questions about your topic
- Tutorial on how to find print and ebooks in the library's catalog, main search page, and ebook collections.
Browse print books
- Find shelves on 3rd floor with call number ranges below.
- Books within these call number ranges are organized by subject, so you can find other related books.
|Keyword||Call # range|
|Modern history, 1453-||D(204)-(475)|
|History of Great Britain||DA1-995|
|History of Central Europe||DAW1001-1051|
|History of France||DC1-947|
|History of the Greco-Roman world||DE1-100|
|History of Low Countries||DH1-925|
|History of Eastern Europe||DJK1-77|
|History of Russia. Soviet Union||DK1-949.5|
|History of Northern Europe. Scandinavia||DL1-1180|
|History of Balkan Peninsula||DR1-2285|
|History of Asia||DS1-937|
|History of Africa||DT1-3415|
Selected ebook titles
- Bagley, Tennent H., Spy Wars : Moles, Mysteries, and Deadly Games, 2007.
- Chaturvedi, Vinayak, Peasant Pasts: History and Memory in Western India, 2007.
- Lendon, J. E., Soldiers and Ghosts: A History of Battle in Classical Antiquity, 2005.
- Akbar, M. J., The Shade of Swords: Jihad and the Conflict between Islam and Christianity, 2002.
- Currie, David P., The Constitution in Congress: The Federalist Period 1789-1801, 1999.
- McLucas, John L., Reflections of a Technocrat: Managing Defense, Air, and Space Programs During the Cold War, 2006.
- Foreground resources
- Answer detailed questions
- Tutorial on how to find articles using the library's main search page and individual subject databases.
- How to find specific print and ejournals.
|Gale Virtual Reference Library (GVRL)||Business, eBooks, Health Sciences, History, Humanities|
|oaFindr||Accounting, Acupuncture, Agriculture, Audio Visual, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Botanical Medicine, Business, Business English, Chinese Medicine, Chiropractic, Communication, Computer Science, Counseling, Creative Writing, Criminal Justice, Dental Hygiene, Design Management, Dissertations, East Asia, eBooks, Education, Engineering, Environment, ESL, Exercise, Fashion, General, Global Development, Graphic Design, Grey Literature, grey literature, Health Sciences, History, Human Resources, Human Services, Humanities, Industrial Design, Industrial Relations, Interior Design, International Business, International Studies, Knowledge Management, Law, Literature, Management, Marketing, Martial Arts, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Laboratory Science, Music, Naturopathic Medicine, News, Nursing, Nutrition, Pharmacy, Philosophy, Physician Assistant, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Public Affairs, Reference, Science, Social Issues, Sociology, Technology, Technology Management, World Religions|
|Scopus||Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Botanical Medicine, Counseling, History, Human Services, Martial Arts, Mathematics, Music, Pharmacy, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Social Issues, Sociology, World Religions|
|JSTOR||Accounting, Biology, Communication, Counseling, Creative Writing, Design Management, East Asia, Education, ESL, Fashion, Global Development, Graphic Design, History, Human Services, Industrial Design, Interior Design, Literature, Martial Arts, Mathematics, Medical Laboratory Science, Music, Nursing, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, World Religions||Video Tutorial|
|History Reference Center*||Audio Visual, History, Political Science, Reference||Video Tutorial|
|Academic Search Premier*||Audio Visual, Biology, Business, Counseling, Creative Writing, Criminal Justice, Design Management, East Asia, Education, ESL, Fashion, Global Development, Graphic Design, History, Human Services, Industrial Design, Interior Design, International Studies, Literature, Martial Arts, Mathematics, Medical Laboratory Science, Music, Nursing, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Social Issues, Sociology, World Religions||Video Tutorial||Name||Categories||Video Tutorial|
Selected ejournal titles
- American Education History Journal – available from 2005
- Current History – available from 2000
- Gender & History – available from 1996
- The History of the Family – available from 1996
- International Labor and Working Class History – available from 1976
- Magazine of History – available from 1985
Selected print journal titles
- American History
- History of Education Quarterly
- The Journal of Modern History
- The Journal of African American History
- Tutorial on how to find films, CDs, and other audio and visual resources in the library's catalog and online resources.
Selected History Videos/DVDs
- The world, a television history. 3, The birth of civilization, 6,000 BC-2,000 BC. Landmark Media. 200-?.
- Aborigine triumph of the nomads: a history of ancient Australia. Library Distributors of America. 199-?.
- The Civil War. Burns, K. PBS Home Video. 1994.
Selected History Websites
An hour-long public radio program & podcast that brings together fellow historians, people in the news, and callers interested in exploring the roots of what’s going on today to gain an historical perspective to the events happening around us today.
Best of History Websites
Best of History Web Sites is an award-winning portal that contains annotated links to over 1000 history web sites as well as links to hundreds of quality K-12 history lesson plans, history teacher guides, history activities, history games, history quizzes, and more.
The Internet History Sourcebooks Project
A collection of public domain and copy-permitted historical texts presented cleanly (without advertising or excessive layout) for educational use. Has three foci: ancient history, medieval history and modern history as well as numerous sub groupings for more specialized areas.
The materials on this Web site include a U.S. history textbook; over 400 annotated documents from the Gilder Lehrman Collection, courtesy of The Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History, supplemented by primary sources on slavery, Mexican American, Asian American, and Native American history, and U.S. political, social, and legal history; succinct essays on the history of film, ethnicity, private life, and technology; multimedia exhibitions; and reference resources that include a database of annotated links, classroom handouts, chronologies, glossaries, an audio archive including speeches and book talks by historians, and a visual archive with hundreds of historical maps and images.
Discovering American Women's History Online
Access to more than 600 digital collections of primary sources (photos, letters, diaries, artifacts, etc.) that document the history of women in the United States.
MERLOT (Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching)
Free and open, peer reviewed online community of resources designed primarily for faculty, staff and students of higher education from around the world to share their learning materials and pedagogy. The link below is to the History resources.
The Perseus Digital Library Collection
Showcases collections and services covering the history, literature and culture of the Greco-Roman world and beyond.