- Excellent background resources
- Answer general questions about your topic
- Tutorial on how to find print and ebooks in the library's catalog, main search page, and ebook collections.
Browse print books
- Find shelves on 3rd floor with call number ranges below.
- Books within these call number ranges are organized by subject, so you can find other related books.
|Keyword||Call # range|
Selected ebook titles
- English Grammar Workbook For Dummies (2nd Edition) by Geraldine Woods
Practice your grammar. Simple explanations, quizzes, and answers.
- The A to Z of Correct English (2nd Edition) by Angela Burt
How and when to use difficult words, punctuation, and grammar in English. Quick alphabetical look up.
- Hutchinson Pocket Dictionary of English Usage by Helicon
When to use a particular word? This guide helps you choose the most appropriate word to express yourself.
- Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus (3rd Edition) by Barbara Ann Kipfer
Expand your vocabulary!
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Abbreviations by Helicon
Clear explanation of abbreviations from fields such as computing, current affairs, medicine, education, warfare, and even newspaper advertisements.
- English Through Pictures, Book 1 and A Second Workbook of English (Updated Edition) by I. A. Richards and Christine M. Gibson
- English Through Pictures, Book 2 and A Second Workbook of English (Updated Edition) by I. A. Richards and Christine M. Gibson
- English Through Pictures, Book 3 and A Second Workbook of English (Updated Edition) by I. A. Richards and Christine M. Gibson
Books 1, 2, & 3 for beginners with pictures.
- Varsity Vocabulary: Words for Standardized Tests by Erin I. McDermott
Increase your vocabulary for international standardized tests (TOEFL, TOEIC, and etc.).
- Shortcuts for the Student Writer by Jay Silverman, Elaine Hughes, and Diana Roberts Wienbroer
Quick answers to your questions about grammar, writing a research paper, and improving your writing skills.
- Write It Right!: Seven steps to revising, editing, and polishing all kinds of writing by Ron Benson.
Improve your writing. Tips on sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Scoring Strategies for the TOEFL IBT: A Complete Guide by Bruce Stirling
- Increase your TOEFL iBT score. Strategies, writing, speaking, listening, reading.
- NTC's American Idioms Dictionary: The Most Practical Reference for the Everyday Expressions of Contemporary American English by Richard A. Spears
Learn and understand everyday expressions in American English.
- Foreground resources
- Answer detailed questions
- Tutorial on how to find articles using the library's main search page and individual subject databases.
- How to find specific print and ejournals.
|1findr (formerly oaFindr)||Accounting, Acupuncture, Agriculture, Audio Visual, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Botanical Medicine, Business, Business English, Chinese Medicine, Chiropractic, Communication, Computer Science, Counseling, Creative Writing, Criminal Justice, Dental Hygiene, Design Management, Dissertations, East Asia, eBooks, Education, Engineering, Environment, ESL, Exercise, Fashion, General, Global Development, Graphic Design, Grey Literature, grey literature, Health Sciences, History, Human Resources, Human Services, Humanities, Industrial Design, Industrial Relations, Interior Design, International Business, International Studies, Knowledge Management, Law, Literature, Management, Marketing, Martial Arts, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Laboratory Science, Music, Naturopathic Medicine, News, Nursing, Nutrition, Pharmacy, Philosophy, Physician Assistant, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Public Affairs, Reference, Science, Social Issues, Sociology, Technology, Technology Management, World Religions|
|Opposing Viewpoints In Context||East Asia, ESL, News, Reference, Social Issues||Video Tutorial|
|JSTOR||Accounting, Biology, Communication, Counseling, Creative Writing, Design Management, East Asia, Education, ESL, Fashion, Global Development, Graphic Design, History, Human Services, Industrial Design, Interior Design, Literature, Martial Arts, Mathematics, Medical Laboratory Science, Music, Nursing, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, World Religions||Video Tutorial|
|Academic Search Premier*||Audio Visual, Biology, Business, Counseling, Creative Writing, Criminal Justice, Design Management, East Asia, Education, ESL, Fashion, Global Development, Graphic Design, History, Human Services, Industrial Design, Interior Design, International Studies, Literature, Martial Arts, Mathematics, Medical Laboratory Science, Music, Nursing, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Social Issues, Sociology, World Religions||Video Tutorial||Name||Categories||Video Tutorial|
Selected ESL Videos/DVDs
- Connect With English. Instructional ESL videos for college students following the story of a girl named Rebecca as she journeys to become a singer. Call number: PE1128.A2 C666 1997
- WALL-E. Entertaining and easy to understand. Read the New York Times review: "In a World Left Silent, One Heart Beeps." Call number: PN1995.9.F36 W3554 2008
- Stand By Me. Classic film. Read the New York Times review. Call number: PN1997 .S657
Selected ESL Websites
OWL Purdue English as a Second Language
Writing help, workshops, and exercises for ESL students. Writing for college and business. Avoiding plagiarism. Citation. Other great writing resources!
BBC Learning English
Many resources for general and business English 6 Minute English listening, the latest news stories at Words in the News, idioms, grammar, pronunciation and much more.
VOA Learning English
Listening and reading exercises based on news stories.
National Public Radio
The latest information about news, arts & life, and music. NPR Programs Download podcasts of your favorite National Public Radio programs.
Read and listen to great speeches from the Public Broadcasting Service.
Internet Audio Archive
Over 1.6 million recordings. Audio books & poetry, community audio, computers & technology, live music archive, music & arts, news & public affairs, radio programs, spirituality & religion, and more.