Contact the Instruction librarian for:
- Help with research assignments and projects
- Information literacy sessions
- Excellent background resources
- Answer general questions about your topic
- Tutorial on how to find print and ebooks in the library's catalog, main search page, and ebook collections.
Browse print books
- Find shelves on 3rd floor with call number ranges below.
- Books within these call number ranges are organized by subject, so you can find other related books.
|Keyword||Call # range|
|Engineering (General). Civil engineering (General)||TA1-2040|
|Mechanical engineering and machinery||TJ1-1570|
|Electrical engineering. Electronics. Nuclear engineering||TK1-9971|
Selected ebook titles
- Kreith, F., Goswami, Y., Handbook Series for Mechanical Engineering: CRC Handbook of Mechanical Engineering (2nd edition), 2005.
- Lee, J., Biomedical Engineering Entrepreneurship, 2010.
- Oklobdzija, V., Computer Engineering Handbook: Digital Design and Fabrication: Digital Systems and Applications (2nd edition), 2007.
- Mathews, J., Howell, R., Complex Analysis for Mathematics and Engineering, 2000.
- Fields, R., Entrepreneurial Engineer: Starting Your Own High-tech Company, 1999.
- Gibilisco, S., Illustrated Dictionary of Electronics, 2001.
- Foreground resources
- Answer detailed questions
- Tutorial on how to find articles using the library's main search page and individual subject databases.
- How to find specific print and ejournals.
|oaFindr||Accounting, Acupuncture, Agriculture, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Botanical Medicine, Business, Business English, Chinese Medicine, Chiropractic, Communication, Computer Science, Counseling, Creative Writing, Criminal Justice, Dental Hygiene, Design Management, East Asia, Education, Engineering, Environment, Exercise, Fashion, Global Development, Graphic Design, Health Sciences, History, Human Resources, Human Services, Humanities, Industrial Design, Industrial Relations, Interior Design, International Business, International Studies, Knowledge Management, Law, Literature, Management, Marketing, Martial Arts, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Laboratory Science, Music, Naturopathic Medicine, Nursing, Nutrition, Pharmacy, Philosophy, Physician Assistant, Political Science, Psychology, Public Affairs, Science, Social Issues, Sociology, Technology, Technology Management, World Religions|
|ScienceDirect||Accounting, Acupuncture, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Botanical Medicine, Chinese Medicine, Chiropractic, Computer Science, Counseling, Dental Hygiene, Engineering, Exercise, Health Sciences, Human Services, Knowledge Management, Mathematics, Medical Laboratory Science, Naturopathic Medicine, Nursing, Nutrition, Pharmacy, Physician Assistant, Psychology, Technology Management||Video Tutorial|
|Mobile & Pervasive Computing Lectures||Computer Science, Engineering, Technology Management|
|IEEE Xplore||Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Industrial Design, Mathematics, Technology Management||Video Tutorial|
|FAITS – Faulkner Advisory for IT Studies||Biomedical Engineering, Business, Business English, Computer Science, Engineering, Grey Literature, Industrial Relations, International Business, Knowledge Management, Management, Marketing, Reference, Technology Management|
|Engineering Village||Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Grey Literature, Industrial Design, Knowledge Management, Technology Management||Video Tutorial|
|ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) Digital Collection||Engineering, Grey Literature, Mechanical Engineering|
|ACM Digital Library||Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Grey Literature, Industrial Design, Mathematics, Technology Management||Video Tutorial||Name||Categories||Video Tutorial|
Selected ejournal titles
- Advances in Electrical and Computer Engineering – available from 2007
- Biomedical Engineering – available from 1997
- Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences – available from 2006
- Quality Engineering – available from 2001
Selected print journal titles
- The Engineering Economist
- ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Tamkang Journal of Science and Engineering
- Tutorial on how to find films, CDs, and other audio and visual resources in the library's catalog and online resources.
Selected Engineering Videos/DVDs
- Manufacturing Technology. Meridian Education Corporation, 1994.
- Boing Reinvents the Airplane: An Interview with Philip M. Condit, President, the Boing Company. Films for the Humanities and Sciences, 1994.
- Rapid Prototyping. Society of Manufacturing Engineers, 2003.
Selected Engineering Websites
Excellent introduction to engineering concepts for students
News, information and resources (including job listings) for engineers.
Engineering formula resource.
Discussion forums for engineering professionals.
Powerful online patent search engine.
Maintained by Prof. Jim McGovern of the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the Dublin Institute of Technology.
Listing of engineering products and suppliers.
MathGV - Function Plotting Software
A freeware mathematical function graphing program for all types of common scientific and engineering applications.
The Engineering Toolbox
Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering Professionals.