Contact Mr. Sherman for:
- Help with research assignments and projects
- Information literacy sessions
- Excellent background resources
- Answer general questions about your topic
- Tutorial on how to find print and ebooks in the library's catalog, main search page, and ebook collections.
Browse print books
- Find shelves on 3rd floor with call number ranges below.
- Books within these call number ranges are organized by subject, so you can find other related books.
|Keyword||Call # range|
|History of education||LA5-2396|
|Theory and practice of education||LB5-3640|
|Special aspects of education||LC8-6691|
|Individual educational institutions||LD13-LG961|
|College and school magazines and papers||LH1-9|
|Student fraternities and societies, United States||LJ3-165|
|Textbooks (Covering several subjects)||LT6-(1001)|
Selected ebook titles
- Grahame, Seth, Education in a Competitive and Globalizing World: Science Education in a Rapidly Changing World, 2011.
- Higgs, J. , Sheehan, D. , Currens, J.B., Civic and Political Education: Schools, Curriculum and Civic Education for Building Democratic Citizens, 2012.
- Hughes, Nora, Teaching Adult Literacy: A Teacher Education Handbook, 2010.
- Mills, Jean, Partnership in the Primary School: Working in Collaboration, 2002.
- Bradley, Jo., Yates, Chris, Basic Education at a Distance, 2002.
- Fleckenstein, Kristie, Calendrillo, Linda, Demetrice, A. et al, Language and Image in the Reading-writing Classroom: Teaching Vision, 2002.
- Foreground resources
- Answer detailed questions
- Tutorial on how to find articles using the library's main search page and individual subject databases.
- How to find specific print and ejournals.
|oaFindr||Accounting, Acupuncture, Agriculture, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Botanical Medicine, Business, Business English, Chinese Medicine, Chiropractic, Communication, Computer Science, Counseling, Creative Writing, Criminal Justice, Dental Hygiene, Design Management, East Asia, Education, Engineering, Environment, Exercise, Fashion, Global Development, Graphic Design, Health Sciences, History, Human Resources, Human Services, Humanities, Industrial Design, Industrial Relations, Interior Design, International Business, International Studies, Knowledge Management, Law, Literature, Management, Marketing, Martial Arts, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Laboratory Science, Music, Naturopathic Medicine, Nursing, Nutrition, Pharmacy, Philosophy, Physician Assistant, Political Science, Psychology, Public Affairs, Science, Social Issues, Sociology, Technology, Technology Management, World Religions|
|University of Bridgeport Dissertations and Theses||Dissertations, Education||Video Tutorial|
|Teacher Reference Center*||Education||Video Tutorial|
|ProQuest Dissertations and Theses||Criminal Justice, Dissertations, East Asia, Education, Global Development, Grey Literature, Health Sciences, International Studies, Technology Management||Video Tutorial|
|Professional Development Collection*||Education, Health Sciences||Video Tutorial|
|Nexis Uni (formerly Lexis-Nexis)||Accounting, Business, Business English, Communication, Criminal Justice, East Asia, Education, Global Development, Health Sciences, Human Resources, Industrial Relations, International Business, International Studies, Law, Management, Marketing, News, Reference, Technology Management||Video Tutorial|
|JSTOR||Accounting, Biology, Communication, Counseling, Creative Writing, Design Management, East Asia, Education, ESL, Fashion, Global Development, Graphic Design, History, Human Services, Industrial Design, Interior Design, Literature, Martial Arts, Mathematics, Medical Laboratory Science, Music, Nursing, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, World Religions||Video Tutorial|
|ERIC – Education Resources Information Center (EBSCO)*||Education, Grey Literature, Health Sciences||Video Tutorial|
|Ebook Central (formerly ebrary)||Creative Writing, eBooks, Education, Literature, Reference||Video Tutorial|
|Academic Search Premier*||Audio Visual, Biology, Business, Counseling, Creative Writing, Criminal Justice, Design Management, East Asia, Education, ESL, Fashion, Global Development, Graphic Design, History, Human Services, Industrial Design, Interior Design, International Studies, Literature, Martial Arts, Mathematics, Medical Laboratory Science, Music, Nursing, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Social Issues, Sociology, World Religions||Video Tutorial||Name||Categories||Video Tutorial|
Selected ejournal titles
- American Journal of Education – available from 1893 – 2008
- Comparative education review – available from 1957
- Higher Education – available from 1997
- International Journal of Science and Mathematical Education – available from 2003
- World Journal of Education - available from 2011
- Tutorial on how to find films, CDs, and other audio and visual resources in the library's catalog and online resources.
Selected Education Videos/DVDs
- Education of the young child - past, present, and future. Elkind, D. NAEYC. 1987.
- Lickona on character education. Jim Thompson, J. Quality Educational Media, Inc. c1997.
- Welcome to my preschool! Communicating with technology. National Center to Improve Practice. Education Development Center. c1996.
- Helping students of limited English skills in the regular classroom. Rojas, V. Linton Professional Development Corp. c2000.
- Understanding learning disabilities. Larsen, D. Meridian Educational Corp. 1996.
Selected Education Websites
CT State Department of Education
The Connecticut State Department of Education is the administrative arm of the Connecticut State Board of Education. Through leadership, curriculum, research, planning, evaluation, assessment, data analyses and other assistance, the Department helps to ensure equal opportunity and excellence in education for all Connecticut students.
A nonprofit association whose mission is to advance higher education by promoting the intelligent use of information technology.
The What Works Clearinghouse was established in 2002 by the U.S. Department of Education's Institute of Education Sciences to provide educators, policymakers, researchers, and the public with a central and trusted source of scientific evidence of what works in education.