Dental Hygiene Databases
|1findr (formerly oaFindr)||Accounting, Acupuncture, Agriculture, Audio Visual, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Botanical Medicine, Business, Business English, Chinese Medicine, Chiropractic, Communication, Computer Science, Counseling, Creative Writing, Criminal Justice, Dental Hygiene, Design Management, Dissertations, East Asia, eBooks, Education, Engineering, Environment, ESL, Exercise, Fashion, General, Global Development, Graphic Design, Grey Literature, grey literature, Health Sciences, History, Human Resources, Human Services, Humanities, Industrial Design, Industrial Relations, Interior Design, International Business, International Studies, Knowledge Management, Law, Literature, Management, Marketing, Martial Arts, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Laboratory Science, Music, Naturopathic Medicine, News, Nursing, Nutrition, Pharmacy, Philosophy, Physician Assistant, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Public Affairs, Reference, Science, Social Issues, Sociology, Technology, Technology Management, World Religions|
|ScienceDirect||Accounting, Acupuncture, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Botanical Medicine, Chinese Medicine, Chiropractic, Computer Science, Counseling, Dental Hygiene, Engineering, Exercise, Health Sciences, Human Services, Knowledge Management, Mathematics, Medical Laboratory Science, Naturopathic Medicine, Nursing, Nutrition, Pharmacy, Physician Assistant, Psychology, Technology Management||Video Tutorial|
|PubMed (new)||Acupuncture, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Botanical Medicine, Chinese Medicine, Chiropractic, Counseling, Dental Hygiene, Exercise, Health Sciences, Human Services, Medical Laboratory Science, Naturopathic Medicine, Nursing, Nutrition, Pharmacy, Physician Assistant, Psychology||Video Tutorial|
|Dentistry & Oral Sciences Source||Dental Hygiene, Reference||Video Tutorial|
|The Cochrane Library||Acupuncture, Biomedical Engineering, Botanical Medicine, Chinese Medicine, Chiropractic, Dental Hygiene, Exercise, Grey Literature, Health Sciences, Naturopathic Medicine, Nursing, Nutrition, Pharmacy, Physician Assistant, Reference||Video Tutorial|
|CINAHL with Full Text – Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature*||Acupuncture, Biomedical Engineering, Botanical Medicine, Chinese Medicine, Chiropractic, Dental Hygiene, Exercise, Health Sciences, Medical Laboratory Science, Naturopathic Medicine, Nursing, Nutrition, Pharmacy, Physician Assistant||Video Tutorial|
|Access Medicine||Acupuncture, Audio Visual, Biomedical Engineering, Botanical Medicine, Chinese Medicine, Chiropractic, Dental Hygiene, eBooks, Exercise, Health Science Books, Health Sciences, Medical Laboratory Science, Naturopathic Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Physician Assistant, Reference||Video Tutorial||Name||Categories||Video Tutorial|
Selected ejournal titles
- Advances in dental research – available from 1987
- Dental clinics of North America – available from 2002 – 2012
- International Journal of Clinical Dental Science – available from 2010
- Quintessence International – available from 1978
Selected print journal titles
- Dental Abstracts
- Journal of Dental Research
Tips on Using PubMed
PubMed has many features, and even several ways you can search it. It also has a controlled vocabulary, its indexing terms, called MeSH, which you will have to use for assignments along the way. Below are links to helpful information about using PubMed.
- Excellent background resources
- Answer general questions about your topic
- Help (general tutorial) finding print and ebooks...
Browse print books
- Find shelves on 3rd floor with call number ranges below.
- Books within these call number ranges are by subject, so you can find other related books.
|Keyword||Call # range|
Selected ebook titles
- Committee on Oral Health Access to Services, Institute of Medicine and National Research Council, Improving Access to Oral Health Care for Vulnerable and Underserved Populations, 2011.
- Lussi, Adrian, Monographs in Oral Science, Volume 20: Dental Erosion: From diagnosis to Therapy, 2006.
- Koppe, T. Meyer, G., Frontiers of Oral Biology, Volume 13: Comparative Dental Morphology, 2006.
- Serio, F.G., Understanding Dental Health, 1998.
- Dietz, E.R., Safety Standards and Infection Control for Dental Assistants, 2002.
- Tutorial on how to find films, CDs, and other audio and visual resources in the library's catalog and online resources.
Selected Dental Hygiene Videos/DVDs
- The video dental assisting school: your career in dental assisting and dental business administration. Griffiths. R., Professional Development Programs, 2006.
- Universal precautions: AIDS & hepatitis B prevention for the dental team. Lucius, D.H., Medcom, Inc. 1992.
- Precision in periodontal instrumentation. Biron, C.R., DH Meth-Ed 2006.
Selected Dental Hygiene Websites
American Dental Hygienists’ Association
The largest professional organization representing the interests of dental hygienists.
International Federation of Dental Hygienists
An international, non-governmental, non-profit organization, free from any political, racial, or religious ties that unites dental hygiene associations from around the world in their common cause of promoting dental health.
American Dental Association
The world's largest and oldest national dental association; promotes good oral health to the public as it represents the dental profession.
Centre for Evidence-Based Dentistry
An independent body whose aim is to promote the teaching, learning,practice and evaluation of evidence-based dentistry world-wide.
American Academy of Periodontology
An 8,000-member association of dental professionals from around the world who specialize in the prevent ion, diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting the gums and supporting structures of the teeth as well as in the placement and maintenance of dental implants.
Surgeon General’s Report on Oral Health in America
The first Surgeon General’s Report on Oral Health. Elaborates on the meaning of oral health and explains why oral health is essential to general health and well-being.