The Wahlstrom Library has films (videotapes, DVDs, online videos) and music (cassette tapes, compact discs and online audio files) available.
You can browse through physical DVDs and videotapes in the Wahlstrom Library. Newer DVDs are located on the 1st floor, on the shelves near the door to the stairwell. Older DVDs and a few videotapes (which can be played on equipment available on the library's 1st floor) can be found on the 4th floor.
Find using OneSearch
To search for any of the videos and CDs in the library, you will need to:
- Type your search word in the OneSearch box on the library main page.
- On the next page, choose 'Audio Visual' from the limits on the left side of the results page.
- You will then see only Audio Visual results.
- To see physical Audio Visual in the library, limit further to 'Available in the Library' (in the 'Availability' area on the left).
- When you have found a result:
- Click on location to see which floor the item is on, and to see the call number
- Use that call number to locate the item on the shelf.
Checkout your Audio Visual item
To check out an item, you can use the 3rd floor checkout machines (for DVDs or music CDs), or bring the item to the 1st floor Information Desk (videotapes must be checked out here).
Some of our Audio Visual materials (e.g.: recordings of radio newscasts) are available online.
Find using OneSearch
- Search for your topic via OneSearch's search box on the main page.
- On the next page, limit your search to Audio Visual (from the Item Type area on the left).
- Then, to see the online Audio Visual results, limit your search results again by choosing 'Available Online' from the Availability area.
- All of your results will then be online-only. To access these online materials:
- Click on the Full Text Available link
- On the next page, click on the Click for Full Text link
- That will take you to a page where you can click on and play the audio or video.
Find in our Databases
Below are listed the databases which include Audio-Visual or Multi-Media resources:
|MasterFILE Premier*||Audio Visual, Reference|
|Literature Resource Center||Audio Visual, Creative Writing, Literature||Video Tutorial|
|History Reference Center*||Audio Visual, History, Political Science, Reference||Video Tutorial|
|Access Medicine||Acupuncture, Audio Visual, Biomedical Engineering, Botanical Medicine, Chinese Medicine, Chiropractic, Dental Hygiene, eBooks, Exercise, Health Science Books, Health Sciences, Medical Laboratory Science, Naturopathic Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Physician Assistant, Reference||Video Tutorial|
|Academic Search Premier*||Audio Visual, Biology, Business, Counseling, Creative Writing, Criminal Justice, Design Management, East Asia, Education, ESL, Fashion, Global Development, Graphic Design, History, Human Services, Industrial Design, Interior Design, International Studies, Literature, Martial Arts, Mathematics, Medical Laboratory Science, Music, Nursing, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Social Issues, Sociology, World Religions||Video Tutorial|
|ABI/INFORM*||Accounting, Audio Visual, Business, Business English, Communication, Criminal Justice, Design Management, East Asia, Fashion, Global Development, Health Sciences, Human Resources, Industrial Relations, International Business, International Studies, Knowledge Management, Law, Management, Marketing, News, Political Science, Reference, Technology Management||Video Tutorial||Name||Categories||Video Tutorial|