Below the simple search box on PubMed's main search page, there's a link to its Advanced Search. Following this link leads you to a page where you can:
- Use multiple search boxes (there are two, and you can click a plus button to add more, as many as you want). This gives you to opportunity to:
- Do boolean searching (Use AND, OR, NOT between your search words to get a more precise search)
- Do field searching (Decide what part of a document, like title or abstract, that you want a specific search word to be found in)
- Run several simple, broad searches, then combine them (by clicking 'Add' in the 'Add to builder' column) to create and run a much more precise search (especially helpful when doing evidence-based research or literature reviews).
- See and download (as an excel file) your search history.